Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One Season of Sunshine Review



Should some questions be left unanswered?

Adopted as an infant, Jane Aaron longs to know the identity of her birth mother and why she gave her up. Her only clue is the name of the small Texas town where she was born, so she's come to Cedar Springs for answers.

Handsome ad executive Asher Price lost his wife, the beautiful, mysterious Susanna, in a terrible car crash eighteen months ago. When he hires Jane as the nanny for his two children, sparks fly. Jane finds herself falling in love with both Asher and his children, but begins to suspect that Susanna was not the perfect mother and wife the family portrays her to have been.

As Jane gets closer and closer to finding out the truth about both her own and Susanna's past, devastating secrets begin to emerge that may be more than anyone can bear. Will the truth bring Jane and Asher closer together or tear them apart forever?
Browse Inside


My Thoughts - I stayed up late last night reading this, I couldn't put it down. That's saying a lot
because I read a lot of books, not to mention value my sleep. Jane has everything, her life is perfect - a loving adopted family who love her, a hot musician boyfriend who adores her and wants to marry her - but something just isn't right. She doesn't fit in and she needs to find herself. She moves to her birthplace for the summer to start her search and becomes Nanny to widower Asher Price's children. 

Julia nailed Asher's daughter, Riley's teenage angst and how her little brother Levi dealt with his mom's death and his dad going away on business by acting out. The characters were very likeable and you always understood where they were coming from. I'm not going to give away any spoilers but I will say I was sitting on the edge of my seat towards the end of the book. This would be a great book club pick, there is soooo much to talk about. 
Julia London just earned herself a new fan!

Lucky you, it even comes with a reader's guide.
HERE
Read Guest post by Julia London on Taking Time For Mommy
Disclaimer - I received this book for my honest opinion, no other compensation was received.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

My blog would be titled: Mommy Reads too much textbooks! Ugh!

Hi! I've found you through Mommy Bloggers, I'm in Veronica's Follow group.
I will be back to read everything you have to say!
http://www.absolutelynarcissism.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.