Friday, June 4, 2010

Dead in the Family Book 10 of the Sookie Stachouse books Review


From Amazon - After enduring torture and the loss of loved ones during the brief but deadly Faery War, Sookie Stackhouse is hurt and she's angry. Just about the only bright spot in her life is the love she thinks she feels for vampire Eric Northman. But he's under scrutiny by the new Vampire King because of their relationship. And as the political implications of the Shifters coming out are beginning to be felt, Sookie's connection to the Shreveport pack draws her into the debate. Worst of all, though the door to Faery has been closed, there are still some Fae on the human side-and one of them is angry at Sookie. Very, very angry...

Here is the promo for Season 3 of Trueblood - The series that is based on the books.The 
t.v. series is a lot darker than the books IMO I wouldn't watch this with your little ones around


My Thoughts - Oh I LOVE the Sookie Stackhouse books. I devour them very quickly although this one left me slightly disappointed. I didn't hate it and I'm glad I read it
BUT compared to her other books I believe it could have been so much better. 
She spent so much time trying to catch the reader up on the previous books it was quite aggravating. This book is the 10th book and would never be considered a stand alone book so why catch everyone up? Expect that they read the 1st 9. A little catching up is fine but I felt like it was a hundred pages of the book. 
I did enjoy the Alexei story line, very cleaver and I was a little happy for Bill... I guess. The subplots were good once she got on with the story but as much as I love Eric, he lost a couple points in my mind. Still love him but he I just hated to see him the way he was in this book. I'm looking forward to the next segment of the series!

Love all things Swedish like Eric? I added my Swedish Meatball recipe on my
other site Taking Time for Mommy

No comments: