Renowned beauty Lady Linnet is torn between two desires: revenge on those who destroyed her family or marriage to her childhood sweetheart Sir James Rayburn. One fateful night, she makes a misguided choice: she sacrifices Jamie's love for a chance at vengeance.
TRUST A BEAUTY WITH A PAST?
Jamie Rayburn returns to England in search of a virtuous wife-only to find the lovely Linnet as bewitching as ever. Their reckless affair ignites anew, even hotter than before, although Jamie vows to never again trust her with his heart. Then just as Linnet begins to make amends, she's tempted by one last opportunity to settle old scores. But a final retribution could cost her Jamie's love - this time forever.
1. In 1425, prostitution was illegal in the City of London so men crossed the river to visit the prostitutes who were under the regulation of the Bishop of Winchester. The prostitutes, nick-named the Winchester geese, paid fees to the Bishop.
2. “The clink” was the Bishop of Winchester’s jail. This is where our expression “in the clink” came from.
3. London Bridge was the only bridge across the Thames from London. If the Bishop sent armed men to close off the bridge on his side of the river, you would have to take a barge to visit the prostitutes.
4. London Bridge was crowded with buildings that hung over the sides of the bridge and crossed overhead. Wealthy merchants were willing to put up with the occasional severed head on display because it was such prime real estate.
5. Henry IV’s wife, Henry V’s step-mother, and Henry VI’s uncle’s wife were all accused of using witchcraft to influence succession to the throne—and the charges may have been true.
Listen to an excerpt
Anna from Hatchett book group is kind enough to allow me to give away 5 copies of Knight of Passion
Mandatory Entry Visit MargaretMallory.com and tell me another book she's written
Add up the entries and = Them in one comment
+1 “Like” Margaret Mallory on Facebook
+1 Follow @MargaretMallory on Twitter
+1 Entry - Follow Taking Time for Mommy on Twitter HERE Tweet about it (1 entry per tweet per day.)
+1 Extra Entry - Follow Taking Time for Mommy on FaceBook HERE
+1 Entry - Follow my other blog Taking Time for Mommy Publicly on Google Friend Connect
+1 Follow Mommy Reads too Much on GFC
+2 Entries - Comment on any non-giveaway post on either Taking Time for Mommy or Mommy Reads Too Much (You can this this as much as you want)
+5 Entries - Signing up for our weekly Newsletter (form to the right)
+5 subscribe to our feed (far right)
+3 Entries -Fan our writer Tawdra Kandle on Associated Content and comment on one of her articles Here
+1 Follow Tawdra on Twitter HERE
+3 Follow Tawdra's Blog Publishing Quest
Giveaway will end June 27th at 11:59pm. The winners will be chosen by random.org and emailed. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me or respond to notification or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to U.S and Canada 18+
Disclaimer - I received this book for my honest opinion, no other compensation was received.